Free school meals could save families up to £450 a year per child; a much needed financial boost due to the cost of living increasing. School meals can also save you time and provide peace of mind that your child is enjoying a healthy, fresh, and nutritious meal at lunchtime.
If you receive certain benefits, your child could also qualify for free school meals during all school years. To qualify you must be receiving:
- Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
The new application process means that all FSM applications are now made electronically via the Synergy Parent Portal. In just a few simple steps and a matter of minutes you will receive an instant decision on whether your application has been successful.
Follow this link for an instant decision to apply or to check your eligibility:
If you wish to discuss this further or require any assistance with your application, please do not hesitate to the school - firstname.lastname@example.org