Year 9 Enterprise Day 2017
On Tuesday 23rd May, the year 9 cohort were transformed from students to business teams to take part in an Enterprise Challenge. The day is designed to stretch students and give them opportunities to try activities they wouldn’t normally do in lessons. As part of a business team, they assign themselves job roles and responsibilities, led by two student project managers in order to reach a common goal.
This year students were tasked with developing & branding a new race car and t-shirt. Within the task students had to:
- Cost how much components and resources would be and how these choices would impact the performance of the car
- Purchase items that they would need for the car, branding and merchandise.
- Build the car by using the purchased components
- Think of the branding & logo for the team.
- Create marketing and merchandise materials
- Write a business plan for the whole team.
- Create a promotional video for the new venture.
There winning teams were:
Team 5 Wamborghini – Branding Winner
Team 1 Free Range Rover – Finance Enterprise Winner
Team 8 Rocket 8 – Resilience Teamwork Winner
Team 3 Cheetah Speed – Overall Winner with the best all round performance.
Myself and Jennie would like to thank all the students for demonstrating what brilliant, resourceful & creative students you are, NYBEP for their fantastic support and of course the teachers – without which the day would not be such a success.
Shaun Martin & Jennie Crackles